Welcome

Welcome to our blog. I don't have time to post all the time, but do keep things updated here and there. Enjoy some of our crazy stories of life! Labels, followers and Archive are at the bottom of our blog now. Be sure to also check out the different pages too.

Schedule

Christmas Eve: December 24th Christmas Day: December 25th!! Kids go back to school: January 4th

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Coupon Commotion with the Cones

Well today was a fantastic shopping trip to the grocery store! I usually try to do a big shopping trip every 2-3 weeks. In between we just get the essentials like milk that we go through like water!

Publix was having a great BOGO sale along with other sales, and I had a TON of coupons this time as well. It was one of those weeks where a lot of what I needed was on sale, I had a coupon and had a competitors coupon. It took awhile since I had all three kids with me, but my parents came along as well so my Dad watched the kids while I shopped and my Mom helped me. I ended up with 2 grocery carts FULL!! I think that's a record.

Some good deals I got were: Huggies Diapers for half price. I bought 2 pkg and had 2 manufacturers coupons and 2 Publix coupons. Band-aids were not on sale, They were $2.39, I had $1 off manufacturers, and $1 off Competitors coupons so I got a box of 60ct Band-aids for 39 cents!! Strawberries were 2 for $4, I had a coupon for $1.75 off the strawberries if you bough a SaraLee pound cake, which was 50% off on sale. Yummy dessert!! I had a lot more great deals too but those were a few of them.

My receipt is about 4 1/2 feet long, not kidding almost as tall as me. The breakdown of 2 grocery carts full of stuff:
Total before savings/coupons: $359.18
Vendor coupons: $43.03
Store Coupons: $18.64
Special Price Savings: $92.72
Grand Total: $204.79 (this was my out of pocket)
My Total savings: $154.39

I SAVED MORE THAN HALF!!!


The sweet deal of the day was the Dunkin Hines brownie mixes were BOGO, well at the register they didn't ring up BOGO. So they checked the price in the aisle and I was right so I got 1 of them for free and still got the other one for free because it was BOGO!! Sweet!!

The funny story of the whole trip was my Dad works at the Publix part-time. He said he was in the break room one day and talking to one of the cashiers. She said you come shopping with your daughter here right? He said, "Yes." She asked, "is she the one with the 3 little kids?" He said," Yes she is." She replied back, "Oh the coupon lady. I get her in my checkout line a lot!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails