Welcome

Welcome to our blog. I don't have time to post all the time, but do keep things updated here and there. Enjoy some of our crazy stories of life! Labels, followers and Archive are at the bottom of our blog now. Be sure to also check out the different pages too.

Schedule

Christmas Eve: December 24th Christmas Day: December 25th!! Kids go back to school: January 4th

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sarah's foot surgery

Yesterday I went in for foot surgery, 12/22/09. I was getting my bunion corrected, some pins/screws put in, etc. They rattle ff all those medical terms it totally confuses me. I had to be there at 7:20am, sat in the prep-area for a long time while they started an IV, asked 100 questions, talk to the anesthesiologist, etc. They had to lay me back with a cold compress because I started to pass out after they gave me the IV, I'm such a wimp! Dr. McRorie came in to also mark my foot and initial it so there were no mistakes. Jay stayed with me till I went into the OR. There was a nice flat panel tv to watch so we watch 'Let's Make a Deal.' Random thought I know.

My surgery was scheduled for 9:20am, they didn't roll me out of the prep area till about 10am. I remember getting wheeled into the OR, transferring to the bed, them strapping me down to the table and that's it. I think I woke up around 1pm, then we left around 2pm or so.

I slept all day yesterday after I ate, I was so hungry. The meds are making me very drowsy and itchy too. The itching is subsiding a bit. It's hard for me to keep my eyes open, but I guess my body needs a rest. Just getting up to go to the bathroom on crutches is a chore and very painful, my foot throbs soooo much, so the couch is very much my best friend right now!!

Jay and I decided to get a new camera as our family Christmas gift so I played with that for a little bit yesterday and today. I will try to take some pictures of my lovely foot. You can't see anything right now because it's all bandaged up! More to come later this week.

Pics from 12-22-2009: Day of Surgery


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails